Reef Lodge Backpackers Townsville

Thursday 19 February 2015

Wi-Fi and Bread Crumbs. Backpackers and pidgeons.

So what do Backpackers and pidgeons have in common.

Well their ability to congregate to find what means most to their lives. In the evolution of the human race it is interesting to see what is important to us as an individual. Frankly I could care less about Wi-Fi or my mobile phone. (With the odd exception. running late for an appointment or breaking down in my car) I was walking down to the markets last Sunday past a flock of pidgeons, eating bread crumbs someone had thrown to them as more and more arrived. As I walk on further I noticed the Free Wi-Fi sign and a group of young people 16 to 25 years old all sitting or standing around, mobile in hand not speaking just reading and texting. I stood there for about 5 minutes just watching and nothing was said. Just eyes glued to screens.

Suddenly I I started to think are these young people loosing there social skills of communications, as nothing around them seem to matter.

30+ Pidgeons and bread crumbs!

15+ backpackers and Wi-Fi hot spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment